I Will Let You Win
I meet you at school today,
But I feel like such a fool
For not telling you the truth.
But I feel like such a fool
For not telling you the truth.
I miss the old you- and the old me
The old us that could just sit and talk for hours
and never run out of things to say.
The old us that could just sit and talk for hours
and never run out of things to say.
I miss the way you could read my mind,
Know what to say,
When words were hard to find.
I miss the way you could brighten my days,
Make me forget the mistakes,
Make the pain go away.
I miss how you made me laugh,
Hate how you made me cry,
Know what to say,
When words were hard to find.
I miss the way you could brighten my days,
Make me forget the mistakes,
Make the pain go away.
I miss how you made me laugh,
Hate how you made me cry,
I don't know where it starts...
I don't know why I fell that fast...
I don't know the reason behind this smile...
all I know is you...just you...no one but you..
I've been holding on to your promises...
so many nights I tried to recall...
those words that I want to hold...until now...
until now...you are still in this heart of mine...
but I need to accept the reality that you need to go...
you need to achieve your dream...and that dream is NOT ME...
you said your family needs you more than I do..
I need to stand. I need to go...but my knees are too weak...
I need to accept. I need to step...but every time I step it takes a hundred steps back to you...
days passed...I know...my heart is aching...
but I know I am very much willing...
whether it's parting or forgetting...
I will let you win..
I don't know why I fell that fast...
I don't know the reason behind this smile...
all I know is you...just you...no one but you..
I've been holding on to your promises...
so many nights I tried to recall...
those words that I want to hold...until now...
until now...you are still in this heart of mine...
but I need to accept the reality that you need to go...
you need to achieve your dream...and that dream is NOT ME...
you said your family needs you more than I do..
I need to stand. I need to go...but my knees are too weak...
I need to accept. I need to step...but every time I step it takes a hundred steps back to you...
days passed...I know...my heart is aching...
but I know I am very much willing...
whether it's parting or forgetting...
I will let you win..

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar